Delicious prawns from the farm tossed in coconut cream based dressing served atop Pacific heart of palm.
Ingredients for Salad:
- 60 g ( ¾ cup) Heart of Palm, diagonally sliced 2-3mm;
- ½ cup Ota (fern shoots), large tops blanched in salted water and cooled;
- 6 river Ura (prawns), tails shelled and cleaned except for the tail end;
- 2 tbsp Lime & Coriander Aioli.
Ingredients for Lime & Coriander Aioli dressing :
- 1 cup coriander, leaves and young stems;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard;
- 2 tbsp honey;
- 2 tsp garlic, minced;
- 2 ½-3 cups vegetable oil;
- 1 tbsp hot water;
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 good heavy dashes of fish sauce.
Makes 1 portion
Lime & Coriander Aioli
- Put the first 5 ingredients in a blender.
- Slowly add the vegetable oil and whiz until you have a very thick sauce.
- Add the hot water and whiz to stabilise.
- Finally add the lime juice and fish sauce.
- Taste, and adjust your recipe to achieve a good balance of sweet, sour and creamy with a hint of saltiness.
(Keeps for at least a week in the fridge).
- Mix and mound the sliced hearts of palm and ota in a wide-rimmed shallow bowl or plate.
- Attractively place the prawns over the salad and drizzle with Lime & Coriander Aioli.
- To serve, garnish with a slice of Heart of Palm and a perfect fern shoot sprig
Contemporary Island Cuisine