A favourite of local cook Lice Tiqe in Suva.
A tropical mix of firm gamer fish from the water of Fiji offset by a textured salsa with a sweet tang of passionfruit.
- 1 slice (~½ cm) heart of palm (stem side)
- 1 slice (~½ cm) sweet potato
- 3 pumpkin slices (~½ cm width)
- 1 Walu fillet or fillet fish of your choice (salt and pepper to taste)
- Corn kernels
- Red onion
- Passion fruit
- Carrot grated
- Lime sliced
- Basil leaves
- Salt, Pepper Olive oil to taste
- Drain corn kernels and cut red onion, basil leaves, tomato into small cubes.
- Grate carrots mix together with rest, add passion fruit pulp and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the cooler to assemble later.
Heart of palm
- Drizzle olive oil on heart of palm, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Grill heart of palm for about 2 minutes on each side to form a crispy exterior while retaining a nice moist inside. Set aside
- Grill the sweet potato and pumpkin until cooked. Set aside
- Slice Walu fillet into 1cm thick slices, grill for about 2 minute on each side.
- Make sure not to overcook the fish.
- To assemble
- place sweet potato on the bottom
- topped with pumpkin
- then heart of palm.
- Next, place the fish on top and spoon salsa on top
- Garnish with a slice of lemon.